Sunday 27 February 2022

Seriously “ridiculously”

Lately I just found out that all along I have been exploited by my close relatives staying with me.

I did not realised it until I had a good talk with a confidant lately.

Unexpectedly, in the past, I was being exploited by my colleagues, my so call good friend and my siblings. However after realising it, I decided to let it slide though I felt hurt, upset and angry with their actions.

I did not confront them.  Maybe I am timid, maybe I am too kind?

Somehow I know that people tend to  “bully” me just because I am too kind or I am quiet, or do I look like a sucker to them!

Even the person I thought was nice to me and I trusted the most, did such things to me, me :(  Of course I felt hurt and terrible.

Why.

I tried to think if I have done something to them but not that I know of or maybe accidentally I stepped on their toes.

As for few of my close relatives, I know they have been taking advantage of my kindness and soft heartedness in terms of financial wise.

Now the ones staying with me are doing the same thing to me! I have been providing them with nearly free lodging and other daily necessities and they are like expecting for more “freebies”!

I have been saving hard all these donkey years while working and by being thrifty and didn’t spent much on myself and I now felt that indirectly I am spending my hard earned money on these people!

Sigh….

I have the money but for some reasons I am unable to buy the things I like freely.

How I wish I can stay on my own alone without my close relatives bunking at my small house and the best thing is that I don’t know how to ask them to leave and they somehow take things for granted.  The best thing is that sometimes I felt that it is more like their house than mine!

Anyway, I am not so happy as I do not have privacy and the worst thing I can think of is that they may stay with me “forever”.

Come to think of it, if only I did not “belong” to this family; my situation and my life might be different!!!




















No comments: