Tuesday 11 June 2024

Emotional

 Recently my mum was admitted to hospital due to lung infection.

On 2nd day of admission she wanted to be discharged.  Subsequently when we visited her the next few days, she kept asking when she can be discharged.

She mentioned that go home is better.

However after few days in hospital, my mum was unable to pass urine the whole day and the doctor decided to insert IDC tube to let out her urine.

Doctor said she can be discharged with the IDC tube and will arrange for her to see the Urologist1-2 weeks later to remove the tube and the care giver has to clear her urine bag daily.

When my younger bro, his wife and I visited her last evening, she threw tantrums and wanted to go home that very night. She then threatened us that if she cannot go home, she will jump down aka commit suicide. Btw she has mild dementia and the “drama” might be caused by her dementia.

Worst thing is that she kept telling gym sis in law off, saying she doesn’t need  my SIL to take care of her anymore, she doesn’t depend on her daughter in law for food and then said my SIL stared at her!

My SIL must be feeling upset over all these remarks and she is a sensitive person.

The last my mum said that my SIL adjusted her legs so hard few days before her admission,  she was upset for a long time. When we visited my mum together, she doesn’t talk to her much and sat at the side which sometimes made my mum pissed off and she remarked her DIL is like a “block of wood”. 

My SIL did heard it and I not sure how she feels!

My the other brother keeps asking us to discharge our mother saying she is okay.  Sigh….

Not sure after my mum is discharged and at home, will my SIL still take care of her with patience.

Will things be the same as before?

I am very perplexed….


 










No comments: