Sunday 26 May 2024

Upset with myself

This evening I went to nearby shopping mall to pack our dinner.  While walking inside the shopping mall, I was interrupted by a sales person who wanted to give me a free sample of skincare product.

I said “no” at first and continue to walk but the sales person kept walking side by side with me and pesters me to take the free sample and said something like “it’s free no need to buy anything”.

The moment I took the sample from her, she immediately sprayed something on my left hand and then massage it.  It’s a skin whitening product and she said the product is made of fruits and locally produced.

After that, she showed me into the shop and get her colleague to wash my hand.  After washing, the colleague immediately introduced me to the product and showed me some photos of other customers who used the product and their skin shown improvement.  She continue to talk about the product for a few minutes and in the end I asked her how much is it.

She said it costs $149. I asked for smaller packing but there is only one size. Soon she said if I buy the product she will give me “buy 1 free 1” and said I get to have a free skin analysis and facial.

I told the staff I need to rush off and unable to do the skin analysis and facial now.  She said I can go back anytime to do it.

Without further questions, I paid $150 for the product and left my name and contact number and left the shop to buy dinner. Yes she charged me extra $1!

On the way to buy dinner, I was feeling kind of weird and upset that I have spent unnecessary money on a product which I may not use it.  I should have said “no” all the way even if the sales person pestered me to pass me the free sample.

Yes there  many such shops around in Singapore. They pretend to give you a free sample and after that will start to “sell” their product.  You will feel bad if you don’t buy it and that’s ME!  After buying I will regret a lot and felt like I have been conned.

I hate it…..






 

 




No comments: